Monday, June 27, 2011

SCARED!!!!

okay ...I know this will sound stupids but I have had a rough day and it is about becoming a stepmom. We just told the boys today about the upcoming wedding because we didn't want them to have to hear Jeff's ex talk a bunch of shit to them or send them to us with mohawks and blue hair. We have them for our 6 weeks and she gets them the everyother weekend thing.




Anyway the boys were cool with it just had questions about the wedding. But one of our neighbors told me I needed to talk to each of the boys letting them know nothing was really changing...just that now I would be married to daddy and be thier step mom...but they could call me Janet, step mom, whatever they wanted just nothing mean.... So I spoke with the youngest (7 yrs old) first and he pops up and says that mommy says Lizzie is a terrible kid, that Janet is irresponsible and that she just hates Jeff. I am heart broken.....



We never talk bad about her in front of the kids....and I would so love to some times. But I know that I have to be the better person. She has told these boys her and dadddy are not together because of me and I didn't even know him when they split up. He was already living on his own when I met him. But it is never going to matter is it??? She is always going to talk bad about me and there is nothing I can do.



It has really hit me hard tonight...I don't take well to people not liking me and to attack my daughter that she knows nothing about are you kidding me. I can say something to Jeff but he really won't say anything because he keeps the peace with her even when she crosses the line. I just don't know what to do. I don't want it to upset me but it does.



So to sum this up I am starting to get scared of being a Step Mom I never really thought much about it until today....

1 comment:

  1. It will be just fine. You know the truth and that's all that matters girl. Be strong. You can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete